Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Death of a Camera

My digital camera has finally had it. In fact, it never really did have it... and has always been close to joining that big heap of buggy digital gadgetry.

The Canon Powershot A70 has given me problems right from the start. While its stats were pretty decent when I bought it, it gave me a long and troubling history:

Since purchasing it from BestBuy in 2003, the camera had to be replaced twice, and repaired at least two times (that I have receipts for)... and finally broke again just yesterday... not two weeks after the service plan ended (but two weeks before it was supposed to end, according to what the manager promised me when he convinced me to buy the plan).

I've found that BestBuy's service plan, while persistent, was overpriced and of poor quality. Every time, the Canon was brought in because of purple lines across the photos... and 6 months after they 'fixed' it, the lines would appear again.
So it looks like I'm now without a camera... at least until I can afford a new one... so much for updating my Flickr account.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

or you could just borrow my camera... or your sister's :)